CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

I just love, love, love Christmas time. I get so excited for the day after Halloween when a few radio stations start playing Christmas music. I love the whole season. My season just happens to last 2 whole months! I always begin my Christmas shopping somewhere in August and Dave always gets so mad at me because then I end up over-buying. He's right, but I just can't help myself.
Ever since Paityn was a baby, we have done the Christmas Eve pajama thing (like so many, I know). Dave and I give pj's to the girls and then we give eachother pj's as well. I look forward to my new pajamas every year.

I made Dave smile! If you haven't noticed, he never does in pictures.
I found the girls' pj's at Disneyland this year. They were so cute in their matching evening attire!

Also, for Christmas Eve, Dave cooked us an awesome filet mignon steak dinner. It was delish!
When I was growing up, my siblings and I would often sleep squished in the same room, whether it be in a closet or squeezed together in one bed. So this year I told the girls they could sleep in their sleepingbags on the floor in my room. They were beside themselves with excitement and didn't go to sleep until 10:30 because they were up talking and giggling. It made me smile!
After staying up until 12:45 am, I was worried that we would have a really early morning but they didn't even wake up until about 7:45. That was with a little coaxing from Paityn, or else Andee could have slept a while longer.
Looking back now, I wish I would have taken more pictures of things like how it all looked before the girls went down and what each of them got individually, but this will have to do.

Andee checking her things out. She was funny because the first thing she wanted to open was her present from Becca (daycare/pre-school teacher). We had to physically steer her back to what Santa brought her.

Both Paityn and Andee got white desks with pink swivel chairs. That's what kept us up late :)

Another thing I tried to get was Kenadie's reaction to seeing everything for the first time, but it all happened so fast. Her face was just priceless. She stood there pointing with her little mouth in the shape of an "o" and jumping up and down. This little rocking horse was sitting on top of another wrapped present, but she didn't care, she got right on and started rocking.
Kenadie also got Lulu the Furreal kitty. This is as close to a pet cat as we will ever be getting. Kenadie loves it because she can pet it and it will purr and move.
Paityn at her desk
After a great breakfast (Dave cooked again and went all out...again DELISH!), we got everything settled and headed on down to Manti for more Christmas celebrations at my mom and dad's house. Everyone was able to be there except for my sister, Haylee, and her family. They did, however, join us via skype for the highlight of the night: White Elephant gift exchange! Again, wish I had more pictures.
My mom really spoils the grandkids. This year they got these really cute hampers (at least that's what we're using ours for). We also have the cousins pick names and give to eachother.

Kenadie got a new book among other fun things.
My mom has always done pajamas for the grandkids and since most of the grandkids on my side of the family are girls, there are a lot of nightgowns involved. Here's all the younger grand-daughters in their matching polka-dot nightgowns. My girls always LOVE these!
All the grandkids (minus 2 that weren't able to be there). Notice that there are only 3 boys out of the whole bunch. They range in age from 18 years down to 1 1/2 years.
We had a great Christmas and are already threatening the girls that we'll take things away if they don't learn how to behave :). The cycle just doesn't end

3 comments:

Haylee said...

Looks like so much fun!! We are SO sad that we couldn't be there to celebrate with everyone....but thank goodness for Skype!! :)

Kim said...

What a fun Christmas! It looks like everyone got spoiled, just like they should!

Anonymous said...

I love those homemade nightgowns. So darling! It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! And what a bonus that Dave cooks!