CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Milestones

So we've hit a few major milestones at our house, well, according to Paityn and Andee. But I think they're pretty neat too.
According to Paityn she can now go to Kindergarten because she
1. Can do her own seatbelt with no help AT ALL!!!
2. Keeps her panties dry all day long (most of the time)



3. She can roll her tongue like a hot dot bun. And believe me, this is huge to Paityn. She has been working on this one FOREVER and would cry whenever she tried and failed.



4. SHE CAN TIE HER SHOES! This one is a big one because she's never really had shoes with shoelaces before. All they make anymore are shoes with velcro or slip-ons.

What a big girl! Watch out Mrs. George. She'll be all yours come August.

Andee on the other hand has made her own little ah-ha's
1. She got a "big girl" bed. It's just a toddler bed but she thinks she's so grown-up. She looks so cute lying there in this little bed.



And.....finally......brace yourselves for this one.......

2. NO MORE SOOTHIE!!! Wooohoo. I thought the day would never come but one day I had just had enough and I threw it in the garbage with her standing there watching. And the rest is history. She asked for it the first night but went to sleep. The next day she didn't even cry or ask for it when it came nap time. She hasn't asked for it since. If I knew it was going to be this easy I would have done it a long time ago.

She was always seen with this "plug" in her mouth. It was a huge comfort to her. But finally, at the age of 2, it's gone!
What a big girl!

7 comments:

The Wright's said...

Congratulations on your big milestones!!! Your girls are so cute!

Nate said...

Oh wow!! I am so proud that Paityn can roll her tongue like a hot dot bun! She is truly a Maylett now. :) I'm excited to see all of her accomplishments in action when we come home next month!!

I'm not sure I'll recognize Andee without her Soothie though.... :)

wendy said...

I only wish Ellie would take her soothie! I have tried other binks, but to only find noluck with any of them! She needs something to comfort her when I am not around. ~Wendy

Kim said...

Yay! What some great accomplishments for your girls! They are just getting too big! I'm excited to have Bunco at your house so I can see them in a couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

Well, that gives me hope about the pacifier. We were just talking about getting rid of Sammie's. It has become a body part on her and I dread getting rid of it. But, she'll thank me in 10 years when she doesn't have mangled teeth. ;)

Marn E said...

Those cute girls are growing up. You sure have accomplished a lot for the first two weeks of summer. See you at bunco.

The Gary Coxs' said...

NO WAY!!!!! No "soothie:??? I can't believe it!! That's great! I can't believe Paityn can tie her shoes. We have the same dilema with all shoes being velcro. I guess it's time to get some "real shoes" and teach Sadie to tie them. Fun! Fun!!