CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Vacation

We just spent most of the week down south in the Bryce Canyon area. We did a lot of driving and a lot of hiking.
Our first day we drove to Goblin Valley down by Green River. It was really, really cool and the kids loved climbing on the "goblins".

There was no shade and the sun and climbing around really wore the kids out.

Our second day was spent on the longest, hardest, sandiest, hottest yet most rewarding hike. We went to Calf Creek and hiked into a place that had an amazing waterfall. The trail was sandy like a beach which made it really hard to walk in. It was about a 6 mile hike round trip and yes we took Paityn and Andee. They got carried quite a bit but for the most part they did really good.



Our next day was spent doing a smaller, shorter hike and traveling. Our last day we spent in Bryce Canyon. It was amazing. We did another long hike into the canyon and out.



The first picture is of Dave at the top of the canyon looking in a little bit. The second is of my two little hikers. They were such troopers. And the last is a picture of the trail that we hiked on to get out of the canyon. You can see ALL the switchbacks that just kept going up and up and up. I thought I would never get out. When we got close to the top we saw a lady going down it in a knee-length skirt and high heels. I sure hope she made it.
We had a great time but it sure was nice to get back to a sand-free, air-conditioned home with soft beds, a kitchen. showers and bathrooms.

9 comments:

Nate said...

How fun!!! I LOVE the picture of the girls standing by the rocks, with Paityn's arm around Andee. So cute!! I can't wait to see your girls!!!!

Ashley said...

looks like you had a lot of fun, that makes me excited for our Lake Powell trip next month.

Kim said...

Aren't you guys just adventurous! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. What tough little girls! I'm sure Brynlie will never be that tough, she'll be a wimp like her mommy!

Grandma said...

loved the pictures of your trip. Looks like you had a fun time. Thanks for sharing.

Marn E said...

How fun! My kids would cry the entire hike--they are Laz-E. I am glad you guys had fun.

Unknown said...

Yea!!! Summer vacation. I've always wanted to make my way down to Bryce Canyon. I don't know about it now with the outrageous gas prices. For now I will just look at your pictures and imagine myself there. Wow... Your girls are growing up.

Sandi said...

Looks like you had fun! Love the pics and the updates!!

Tigerlily said...

What a fun family vacation. I love visiting the red rock country. Your girls are so cute! I showed Jessica and she was amazed that pictures of "Mrs. Braithwaite" were on out computer screen. I think I would go nuts trying that with my five girls, maybe when they are a little older. ~Sara Pratt

Jocelyn said...

Wow, your kids are troopers! I would probably be whining and complaining about those kind of hikes! :)