CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to School


Not only is it back to school for me, it's also Paityn's year to begin school as a Kindergartener. No one needs to tell me that the time just flew to this point in time.

Paityn is in Mrs. George's afternoon kindergarten class and absolutely LOVES it! I take her to Marnie's in the morning where she plays with Forbes. I understand that they love playing Barbie's together:)

Paityn's classroom is right across the hall from my classroom and I couldn't help but peak in there on the first day of school too see if she was OK. I saw her at recess playing with her friends and she had no idea that I was out there too. I'm glad she has a personality that makes it possible for her to make friends easily but her personality also makes me afraid that she will be really obnoxious!

I didn't cry on her first day of school like I thought I would and maybe that's because she is only 20 feet away. Now I just need to be that mom that gets the backpack checked after school and make sure her homework is done and handed in on time. I'm always complaining about my student's parents that don't do those things. I guess I'll be more understanding when it comes to those things now.
Andee will be going to "Becca's" again this year, which we love. Becca is a lady in our ward that does a daycare/pre-school and just loves my girls. It makes me feel so much better about working and not being at home when I have someone like her to watch my kids.
One thing we had to do for the beginning of the school year was get the traditional hair cut. We cut about 4 inches off Paityn's head of hair and for Andee's very first official hair cut we just trimmed the ends and took off about an inch. Andee was sooooo good about it. She sat so still and almost fell asleep while getting her hair washed. Can't say that I blame her.


8 comments:

Nate said...

Ok, I seriously can not stop laughing at the picture of Andee getting her hair washed! Her face is priceless!!!

I can't believe that Paityn is in Kindergarten!!! I know she'll do great!

Yes, I am still laughing at that picture!! :)

Ashley said...

That is so nice that Paityn is right across the hall. I'm sure it makes the whole going to school for the first time so much easier. Mrs. George's classroom looks super cute!

Nick, Jen and Spencer said...

Amy, your girls are so cute. I cant believe Paityn is in Kindergarten this year. I wish I was there this year. I'm missing everyone. Sad - I'm not even around to stop in and just say hello. I guess this will have to do. I hope it turns out to be a great year! -Jen

Sandi said...

I can't believe how grown up Paityn looks! Lindsey keeps telling me that she needs to be "6" so that she can go to school with Paityn!

The Wright's said...

I cannot believe that Paityn is in Kindergarten. It seems like just yesterday you were teaching Wesley in 1st grade and she was just a baby. They grow up so fast but you have 2 adorable little girls.

Unknown said...

Really- wow! She is too cute! I wish I was there too! What a milestone for a mom. You are lucky to get optimum spying! Tanii looks like a cute teacher. And how are your darling first graders! I started a preschool this year and just can't get over how YOUNG they are! They can't cut, color, write their name...AHHH!

Anonymous said...

Ok, your girls crack me up! I hope I'm still in the Primary when Andee comes in because I just love your girls. They are too funny. How fun that Paityn goes to your school! I wish Gabe could've started kindergarten this year.

The Pratt Pack said...

This is Misty Pratt I'm Kaybrie Pratt's mom, She's in Kim's class. I just have to tell you how stinkin cute I think Paityon is. I met her the other day when Marn was watching her. I got the biggest kick out of her. I also am good friends with Jodi Marsh...small world:)