CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th?


I didn't even realize that it was "9/11" today until someone asked me if I had talked about it in my class. At first I thought, "why would I talk about September 11th with my kids?" and then I realized what they were talking about. Could I have forgotten already? It has been 7 years. My kids in first grade weren't even born yet. I will never forget where I was when I heard about it and the feelings that I had. I was driving over the Springville exit bridge on my way to work when I heard it on the radio. I wasn't sure what was going on. All I knew was something about airplanes and New York. I think TV's were on all day and night for the next 2 weeks. Even though it was hundreds of miles away, it affected me. When it happened 7 years ago, I was getting ready to get married. 11 days later was my wedding day and the thought actually went through my head that it wouldn't happen because of the tragic events. I will never forget it and we all need to remember those that lost and sacrificed. Lesson of the day: Time heals.

2 comments:

Tigerlily said...

I had just gotten up to make Jessica a bottle. She was 6 months old. I sat down to feed her and flipped on the TV when I believe the first plane hit. I saw the second plane hit. I could not believe it. I almost dropped her bottle. I called everyone I knew to turn on their TV's. I sat there all day just thinking "It's that Bin Laden guy...I know it..." because on the news they had said he posed the biggest threat to America a few days before. My friend gave birth to her baby boy that day.

Tigerlily said...

Jessica and I were driving home from school listening to the radio. They were doing a string of songs and talking about it when she called forward "What are they talking about? What happened mommy?" So I explained and she said "Oh. My teacher showed us pictures today."