CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 30, 2009

I have a 6 year old!?

So my first born turned 6! Boy did that ever go fast.
So she wanted an Easy Bake Oven. Remember yours? I never had one but always wanted one so when that's what she said she wanted, I was all over it. But she got so many other things too that she hasn't paid much attention to it. She did make a cake though.

The one thing she wanted to do for her birthday was go to Chuck-E-Cheese! They had a blast. Paityn and Andee, both, were just in heaven. They just ran all over with Dave, doing all the rides and games while I just sat and watched, which was fine with me. Paityn told me that I didn't have any fun because I just sat and watched. But, believe me, that was my kind of fun just watching my two girls with their daddy having a good time. I just sat and smiled. Daddy's and daughters really are the cutest things.
Saturday was Paityn's birthday party. For some reason she wanted a "cat party" so we did our best to have one. As the kids arrived to the party I painted cat noses and whiskers on them. The boys didn't think that was very cool and didn't want their faces painted :)
All the kids together. Most of them anyway.
Some of the girls
Paityn with her cat cake.
We tried to play "cat,cat,dog" instead of "duck,duck,goose". It was OK for the first few minutes but I think I heard a "this is boring" so we stopped.
Da Boys!
The party was kind of a bust because the original plan was to have pizza and that didn't quite happen. The plan was to go get some pizzas from Little Caesar but they weren't open yet so I thought I would just order pizza and have it delivered. So I ordered pizza on-line from Papa John's. Usually when I order from there, it only takes about 20-30 minutes for it to arrive. Well, I checked my e-mail after I ordered to see how long it was going to take and it said 85-95 minutes. I was a little taken aback but "OK I'll just change things up a bit and we will eat at the very end of the party." So the 85-95 minutes passed and no pizza. I called to check on it and was put on hold for about 5 minutes, after which I was told that it was just going into the oven. So I promptly canceled the order in a not-so-nice way and had to break the news to the kids that there would be no pizza. They were pretty disappointed, as was I. So they got sent home with cake and candy as their lunch. Sorry parents :(
I think they had an OK time though. Paityn could have cared less as long as her friends were there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!!! We LOVE Chuck-E-Cheese, too. My kids will chant it every time we drive by. Sometimes Haini will even take them there when I am at work (not fair). Looks like her birthday was a success. Way to go Mommy!!!

Michelle said...

My kids LOVE Chuck-E-Cheese as well. It is a birthday must!
Thanks for inviting Joseph. He had a great time! We sure love having you for neighbors and friends!!!