CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary and listen to how sad this is. I didn't even get to spend it with Dave. That's right....he's hunting! I ask you. Which is more important? Hunting or 7 years of wonderful, glorious bliss. JUST KIDDING!! Well, part of it anyway. It really is my anniversary and Dave is really hunting and well, I guess it's been 7 wonderful years but I'm not really that bitter about him being off hunting. Does that sound bad? Let me explain. Dave has been waiting for this hunt for about 10 years now. It is the Big Bull Elk hunt that he has put in for, for the past 10 years and finally drew out. He's been so excited so I've been OK with the whole "being gone on our anniversary" thing.
As I was eating my lunch yesterday, our secretary brought in THIS........

It was very sweet of him to think to do that ahead of time and I couldn't help but to tear up a little bit. I really do have a wonderful husband and am so grateful to be able to be with him forever. He is such a fabulous dad and such a great example to me. When we got married in the temple 7 years ago it was so special. Dave made so many good changes in his life so that we could be married in the temple and I am so blessed he chose to make those changes. I love you honey! (Even though he never looks at this:) )

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh what a sweetie! He deserves to be out hunting :)

Kim said...

Make me cry! That was such a cute post! You guys are such a great couple! I'm glad you had a good anniversary even though you were apart!

Anonymous said...

I was so interested in reading your blog, I almost forgot about the cookies in the oven! ;) You both are very thoughtful toward each other, and you have such a sweet family. I'm glad we live so close!

wendy said...

I saw your flowers-so pretty! Congrats on 7 years! ~Wendy

Jocelyn said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad he remembered that for you. I didn't realize that he had been waiting 10 years for that! That's a long time! Anyway congrats on 7 years!

Marn E said...

That is sweet that he thought to send you flowers before he left. Most husbands wouldn't be that on the ball. You two are such a cute couple and have the cutest girls.

The Wright's said...

That is so sweek of him to think ahead like that. There aren't many men out there that even remember their anniversary on the day it arrives let alone ahead of time. I am excited for Dave too and I hope that he gets a BIG ONE!!! Congrats on 7 YEARS!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Very cute post and very cute couple!!! Ü

Sandi said...

Happy Anniversary!! Did he get an elk??