CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Out of Shape!!!

Just a little funny that happened to me today. I'm sure you're all interested. Well, I am the primary song leader in our ward and for one of our songs today we sang "Give Said the Little Stream". In senior primary I thought I'd make it a little more interesting. We usually try and sing it without saying the word "give". Trust me, it's harder than it sounds. So anyway....I had them all stand up and I told them that they also had to sit down on the word "give" and then stand back up. If you sing the song to yourself you'll see how many times the word "give" is said and how close they are together. The only chair I had around me was one of the little sunbeam chairs. So the first time through I could feel the burn in my legs a little bit from going up and down, up and down, over and over onto this little, teeny, tiny chair. To make things worse, the kids wanted to do it again! By the end of the second time through I couldn't even make it back up because my legs were cramping up and hurting soooooo bad. And 10 hours later I can barely walk. I guess serves me right for not exercising! Go ahead. Try it at home. I think I'll even try it again once my legs stop hurting enough to walk.

Also, a little shout-out to my sister Haylee who had her baby last week.

This is "Baby Blake", as we call him at our house, and I think most of his 8 lb. 6 oz. were in his cheeks :) Such a cutie. Congratulations Nate and Haylee. Can't wait to see you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed you were suffering up there! ;) I wish I had the energy and ability I did as a kid, but I guess I'd have more of it if I exercised, too!

Alisa said...

ha ha....how funny!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!! That would be me...too.