CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st, I mean 4th, Day of School

Here I am a teacher watching other moms taking pictures of their first graders on their first day of school and here I am a mom experiencing my oldest child's first day of first grade and no camera in hand. So, finally on the 4th day of school I finally took the "first day of first grade" picture! Better late than never, right?

I debated for a long time whether or not to have Paityn in my class and finally decided on giving it a try. I figured this was a once in a lifetime thing and might not happen with any of my other kids. You just never know. And if you know Paityn you know that she has AT-TI-TUDE!!! I was a little worried, to say the least, about her pulling this attitude with me during class. Gratefully, all my worries were put to rest when I had this little angel child named Paityn Braithwaite in my class. Who knew! Not me!
It's actually been kind of fun to see her interact with the other kids and seeing her doing her work. It's nice because I don't have to be the mom spying outside the classroom door, watching to see if her little girl is OK. She has surprised me with her kindness towards other kids and her eagerness to learn. She's been a teacher's dream so far. Now we'll have to see what we can do about a mom's dream of a perfect child at home :)


4 comments:

Kim said...

She's the cutest! I'm so glad you're loving having her in your class!

Ashley said...

what a relief! so glad you are enjoying your experience with her in your class, hopefully it keeps up all year long :)

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you two!

Mandi said...

Paityn is such a cutie!! sounds like it will be fun having her in your class!!