CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 7, 2009

My Uncle is Cooler Than Your Uncle

So to make a long story short, my sister's husband, Nate, was in the process of being deployed to Iraq and requested a cross-country flight, where he could stop in Utah for a few days and say good-bye to family. He's in the Air Force and will occassionally make these flights and arranges them so that he can stop in Utah. How cool is that! Haylee had to go pick him up and invited me and the girls to go along.

This is the front of the plane. It was pretty cramped for space. The girls thought it was so cool to be able to sit in the pilot chairs. Tons of buttons!
They even gave us a ride to the plane. I felt like a celebrity going to my private plane!
Outside looking in (or is it inside looking out)
Left to right: me holding Kenadie, Nate holding Blake, Paityn, Andee and Haylee
Thanks Nate for letting us come! We love you, good luck and maybe we'll come pick you up in a few months again :)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! That's actually what Gabe is going to be for Halloween. He doesn't like the scary stuff, so he wanted to be a Top Gun pilot--I told him he looks like Tom Cruise for Halloween. :) Glad your girls enjoyed it!

Tigerlily said...

When does he leave and where will he be going. My brother is being deployed Nov. 25 to Kirkuk, Iraq. He is a doctor for the army.