CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Is it Bad?

Is it bad that......
I'm actually glad that my child is sick and I get the day off?
my other two girls are going to stay at the babysitter while I am home with sick child and getting some things done that otherwise, wouldn't get done?
that my kids watch Spongebob and that I sit there and laugh with them?
I'm glad I actually work just so I can have a break from my kids? All day, every day with them would drive me completely insane! Hoorah to all you that stay home but as for me and my house, mom will work (for everyone's safety)
that we are spending most of our tax return on vacations?
that Paityn wants to play a "I Am a Child of God" (or maybe "Book of Mormon Stories") on the piano for the school talent show?
that we bought a trampoline without the safety enclosure? I grew up without one and I was just fine. Can't say that about everyone that jumped on our trampoline growing up but still.....
that I put off my homework until the night before class or even the day of class?
that I take 15-20 minute showers at night? I need my time, right?
that I don't go to sacrament meeting on the Sunday's that Dave is working because I don't want to have to deal with all three of the girls all by myself?
my kids homework doesn't get done some weeks, even though I'm their teacher?

I'm sure there are more, but sometimes I feel so guilty about some of these (others not so much). Just need a little validation :) Sometimes I hear mom's say things that are opposite of things I do and I think those moms are great moms and so then what am I if I'm not doing things like they are. Did that make any sense? As I come to experience things and get older, I've come to realize that I don't have to do what everyone thinks I should be doing. If I want to work or watch Spongebob, then by golly I'm going to do it! I don't have to feel like a bad mom because of it.
So there you have it! My thoughts on my day off.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Not at all! You just do what you think you need to! I'll probably watch cartoons all day when I have kids.... :)

Kim said...

Good for you! That's what I say! :)

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I love this! Love the honesty. No. None of this is bad...it's real!

Haylee said...

I think you are amazing....and are one of those moms that 'has it together' to me. Blake and I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks...yup, we bought our tickets! Come and play in Manti for 2 weeks with us!!

Alisa said...

amy, i think you're a fabulous mom!!

joni said...

I love your comment. That is exactly how I feel and the reason that I work. now I know Im not the only one who feels this way. Thanks for the valadation :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you put all of that out there. We all have things we feel guilty about, but probably shouldn't. We all deserve down time, time away from kids and time to do what WE want to do! Some days I want to hire a nanny so I won't have to get a job, but I won't have to stay home either! Now, just need to figure out how to pay that nanny.... ;)